Best answer

Facebook Page posts not shareable to others

• 15 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m curious if others have this problem:

I have the zap set up where my official feed posts on my business Instagram automatically post to my business’s Facebook Page. My followers on the Facebook Page have asked to share these posts to their own personal pages, to help promote my work, but are unable to. I’ve looked through my Facebook Page settings and sharing is on.

Any tips as to why this zap doesn’t allow the posts to be shareable?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 October 2020, 18:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@elisedoppel 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, I’ve not come across this one before but I did some digging and found something that might relate to this. 

If the post on your timeline is a post that was shared from another page or person, you will not be able to share the image from this post somewhere else, such as Twitter, another Facebook page, etc. This sounds a lot like what you’re describing: the image in the post is from Instagram and so other users can’t share the post to their pages. 

If that’s the case, then you could try adding a step in your Zap where you upload the photo from instagram into a file sharing service, like Google Drive or Dropbox and then use the file there to create the post. If that doesn’t sound like a good fit for you then it might be tricky to make this work. If you are having trouble with the workaround then I’d recommend reaching out to the Zapier Support Team using the Get Help form  and be sure to mention what you’ve tried so far. 🙂