Best answer

Extract public url of an attachment in gmail

• 21 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to set up a zap, that extracts the public url of a file uploaded in a google form.

The response of the google form is saved in a spreadsheet on googledrive but the url generated is a private url.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks and Regards

Yashika

icon

Best answer by Yashika 7 January 2021, 07:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Yashika 

Is the submitted file uploaded to Google Drive as well? If so, you should be able to use a “Google Drive->Find File” step. One of the outputs will be the sharable URL.

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

The apart from the file there are other records in google form. And these are saved in spreadsheet. So the file url is saved in one of the spreadsheet column.

Sample fields in goggle from:

Name: Yashika

App: Gmail

FilePath:(In this column file is uploaded)

And the response of the form is saved in google sheets with columns Name,App,Filepath

In the Filepath column a private url of the uploaded file is saved.

My Trigger is New Response in Spreadsheet in Google Forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Yashika 

What I mean is, as well as adding the file’s URL to the Google Sheet, do you know if it gets uploaded to your Google Drive somewhere?

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

No its not uploaded to the drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Yashika 

Not sure if you managed to get something sorted here - as it is, I don’t think it’s possible. If you do need more help, just let us know.

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Thanks, this issue is sorted.

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Thanks, this issue is sorted.

@Yashika Could you elaborate as to what the solution was? I have a similar issue.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @eden 

The drive folder in which files get uploaded needs to be public And then you can use that URL.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Yashika 

And have you successfully worked with multiple form attachments / files?