Best answer

Email Missing Information

• 24 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I seem to be missing the fields in both my Google Task entry (Create Tasks in Google Tasks) and my email (Send Email to Team using Gmail).  I can't seem to figure out why the fields that are pulled in from AirTable and placed in the Google Task and Gmail email are missing.  When I turn the Zap off, review all of the Zap steps, then turn it back on, it works fine for the first automation but after that, the information in the Google Task and Gmail email are missing.

Here is my Zap:

New Record in View in Airtable --> Delay for 10 Minutes (allows user to enter all information in AirTable fields) --> Create Notebook in Evernote Business --> Create Card in Trello (Board #1) --> Create Card in Trello (Board #2) --> Create Tasks in Google Tasks --> Send Email to Team using Gmail

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 September 2020, 23:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

Hello Troy - here is a Loom screencast.  Thank you for looking at this for me.  I will await your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Loom doesn’t appear to have any sound.

Do you need sound?  I wanted to just show you the Zap in a video instead of posting multiple screenshots.  Let me know what works for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Does the triggered record from Airtable have all the data points you’re expecting to pipe thru the GTasks and Gmail?

You can check the DATA OUT from the Trigger step to see what fields may have been sent w/o a value.

May need to update the Airtable View filter to check that all those data points are provided.

Does the triggered record from Airtable have all the data points you’re expecting to pipe thru the GTasks and Gmail?  Yes

You can check the DATA OUT from the Trigger step to see what fields may have been sent w/o a value.  I see the DATA OUT and it is consistent with the Gmail emails which have missing information.  I placed a DELAY after the AirTable trigger which would allow a user to finish entering all of the information before the next steps are executed.  Is this a good idea or a bad idea?  

May need to update the Airtable View filter to check that all those data points are provided. I am adding the row in AirTable without any filters applied.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can check the DATA OUT from the Trigger step to see what fields may have been sent w/o a value.  I see the DATA OUT and it is consistent with the Gmail emails which have missing information.  I placed a DELAY after the AirTable trigger which would allow a user to finish entering all of the information before the next steps are executed.  Is this a good idea or a bad idea? 

You’d have to lookup the Airtable record again during the Zap to get the new data points that may have been provided since the Zap triggered.

Seem more below about a better way to address this issue to avoid using extra Zap Tasks.

May need to update the Airtable View filter to check that all those data points are provided. I am adding the row in AirTable without any filters applied.

I suggest adding filters to the Airtable View to ensure all the data points needed for the Zap are populated/exist, which ought to solve your issue.