Best answer

Email by Zapier not working!

• 25 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys!

I have created a Zap that sends an email each time a form gets completed on my website (the form is made by Active Campaign which is embedded on to my site)

The idea is that once the form gets submitted the results are sent (by Email by Zapier) to the person that completed the form and also to us (again by Email by Zapier)

The zap is working fine, however I have received a couple of random error messages when 2 or more people complete the form at the same time saying "Sorry! That is too many emails sent. Please try Mandril, Mailgun, Gmail, or others for bulk email."

I am a little confused as this is not something relating to bulk emails as each one is different and after the error when one person completes the form it works as normal.

Any ideas on how to fix it or get round it?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 25 February 2020, 19:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Michelle_Coach1

Yep, the "Email by Zapier" action step has quite a low threshold in terms of rate limiting - so it's probably tripping when multiple people fill the form in at once .

What you can do is add a "Code->Run Javascript" step (code below) after the trigger - that will generate a random number between 1 and 3. Next you'd add a "Delay->Delay For" step, input the number from the code step and select minutes.

That way, if the zap triggers twice or more at once, each will be delayed by a different and random amount of time before they hit the email step.

Code:

return {

randomNumber: Math.random() * (3 - 1) + 1

};

Install like this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 16.52.46.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Michelle_Coach1! To add to what @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu said - the Email by Zapier app will only send up to 10 emails per hour, so if the results are being emailed to the person that completed the form as well as you, then it would be able to handle a maximum of 5 forms completed per hour.

As well as the method the Andrew suggests, you could also switch an app like Gmail, if you use that, or use SMTP by Zapier to use your own email servers (if you don't use Gmail) here's a guide on how set that up

Send emails in Zaps I hope that helps!