Best answer

Devops connection is throwing "Client secret is expired.".

• 11 September 2020
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

We been using a zap to connect devops but from last two days we are getting an error. 

Here is what we are getting when we try to reconnect. The app returned "Client secret is expired.".

I am not sure where we need to update this. 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 14 October 2020, 14:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

57 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For Zapier App connections check here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Click the TEST button to check an app.

You’ll likely need to update the Client Secret in the app that’s returning the error, then reauthenticate the app in Zapier.

Userlevel 2

HI Troy,

Thanks for the reply. We are using the Azure Devops. I have generated a new client secret and now i don;t know how to update in Zapier to use this new secret key. I have deleted the existing connection and tried to add new one but still getting the same error.. Any idea where i can update the secret key in Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @naveen - sorry you are running into this! I suspect you may have stumbled across a current bug with the Azure DevOps app. I am escalating this to our Support team who can determine if this is the case and help to troubleshoot if not. 

Sit tight and someone will be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Liz_Roberts for the update

I have exactly the same issue :

Userlevel 1

Hi guys, same problem being experienced here. I’ve removed the app from DevOps and from Zapier, but attempting to re-add the app into Zapier still shows the “Client secret is expired” error above.

Userlevel 1

Signing on in another browser (the new Edge) and attempting the same process prompts to login to Azure (not surprisingly) but provides the following error;

I’m guessing Azure DevOps have updated their OAuth workflow :(

Userlevel 1

Hi there, I am experiencing the exact same error. Can you please advise ?

Hi, I have the same problem “The app returned “The client secret is expired”.”  When I try to reconnect to Azure DevOps from Zapier.com.  I started a ticket with Zapier.com support. 

All was running well until about Sept 8th 2020 when I started to see that zaps were failing.  Tried to reconnect by removing Zapier from the Authorized OAuth Apps in Azure DevOps.  I am able to remove it.  When I add the AzDevOps connection in Zapier it will create this as an Authorized OAuth App in AzDevOps.  But after testing the connection from Zapier Apps it fails with the error “The client secret is expired” again.

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

Userlevel 1

Anyone knows a Zapier alternative? We use it daily to link betweek Hubspot and AzureDevops and this bug is slowing us down.

After communicating with Zapier support, they replied us that Microsoft are the owner of the Azure Integration and to create a ticket on their side. We created this bug, but we did not receive any other feedback than they are working on the issue and that they were able to reproduce it …

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/1182247/zapier-azure-devops-integration-not-able-to-connec.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi All,

So sorry you are continuing to be impacted by this bug- I can imagine how frustrating that must be. 

@GengeT & @Rudolf I have added you as impacted users which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with app’s team
  • Adds weight to the issue in their queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

@lumed @Opisto @HQZap I see that you all have been in touch with Support who has added each of you as impacted users. @lumed thank you for sharing the Microsoft ticket for others to reference here. You all will definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that there is a fix! 

this is affecting us as well

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

So sorry you are continuing to be impacted by this bug- I can imagine how frustrating that must be. 

@GengeT & @Rudolf I have added you as impacted users which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with app’s team
  • Adds weight to the issue in their queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

@lumed @Opisto @HQZap I see that you all have been in touch with Support who has added each of you as impacted users. @lumed thank you for sharing the Microsoft ticket for others to reference here. You all will definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that there is a fix! 

Thank you Liz for your support!

Userlevel 1

​I am also receiving the same error.

Userlevel 1

Same issue.. on top of that i just paid a yearly subscription for zappier in order to use DevOps integration. It was working great while I was still on the free plan. Once I switched to paid plan it stopped working :) Please send info if the problem will be resolved as the DevOps integration is currently the only reason to use zappier for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jsmircic @jfrench.donan - I have added you all as impacted users as well so that you will be notified once this bug is fixed.

I know this must be frustrating- in the meantime, I suggest keeping an eye on the thread that lumed shared above as it looks like this bug is being worked on by the app’s team. 

Userlevel 1

Same here and upvoted on MS’s ticket listed above.

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts  Thank you Liz, I was not contacted by Zapier support though. Anything I should do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for letting us know, @Opisto ! It looks like Will reached out on 9/15 in response to your ticket. Could you please check your Spam folder to see if perhaps it got caught up there?

I do see that you have been added as an impacted user but want to make sure you’re receiving Zapier communication!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Flightline Mike I’ve added you as an impacted user on this side as well!

Yeah I’m having the same issue as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @pictowolf, I’ve added you to the issue as well, thanks!

Please add me too as we are having the same issue with DevOps. We use Zapier to connect from SmartSheet to DevOps for software mod requests and this is a big deal for us.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I don’t want to have to go back and back these manually in DevOps .:nerd:

Kathy

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Thanks

We are experiencing the same issue. Please let us know when this will be fixed. This is the only reason we are using Zapier.