Best answer

Delay Until error

• 14 January 2020
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have set a delay for a zap form a date in a google sheet -14 days... I am getting an error for when this date falls before todays date. (3 days before today)... in this caser I would then want it to just run. 

I get this error

Error Message: "Dates cannot be more than a month in the future"

I have set - How should we handle dates in the past? (optional) to Always continue, which i thought would just make this run but I get an error

Any ideas

Capture.PNG?

icon

Best answer by jesse 15 January 2020, 14:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there @nh3076 and welcome to the Zapier community!

It looks like you should add a "Formatter" => Date/Time step in between your Google sheet and your delay.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like Zapier is reading your date in American style (mm-dd-yyyy) and your Google Sheet is in "rest of the world" style (dd-mm-yyyy). So the Zap delay thinks you are trying for a date like November 1st, 2020.

Zapier doesn't like to handle delays that far in advance for various reasons.

Hope that helps and please reach back out here if you need more assistance!

Cheers,

Bryan from Workload (Zapier Certified Experts)

Yes you are correct - I figure thats why some dates work and some do not

Thanks for your prompt reply👍️

Ok so now why does this happen? It doesnt seem to be re-formatting it into american format rather reading it as the 2nd of march

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGEDIT - I changed the form format to custom DD.MM.YYYY - this seems to have done the trick

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey! I'm glad you were able to solve the issue. Let me know if you need any further help with this, or any other Zaps.

Thanks!

Bryan from Workload - Zapier Certified Experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@nh3076 Glad you found the solution here! Yes, when dates aren't being formatted as you had hoped, filling out the "From Format" is a helpful trick to help get things back on track again. :)