Best answer

Daily Limit Exceeded

• 23 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi.

I got the message"Daily Limit Exceeded" when I use "Translate by Zapier". I did not know this app has the limitation. How can I resolve this problem ?

problem2.jpg

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 January 2020, 10:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dokky welcome to the community, and I too didn't know there was a limit for Translate by Zapier. But it makes sense.

First off, I would contact Zapier Support to find out what the limit is, and perhaps you can find a way to work around that limit.

I wrote out a somewhat complicated option and then stumbled on a simpler option.

Option 1 Batching Requests

Instead of making 45 requests for translations is it possible to combine the text and then seperate it on the way out. So you could make 5 translation requests?

For example, here's 5 things I could ask it to translate

• Hola como estas
  • Como es tu nombre
  • Me gusta esta coche, y tu?
  • Quiero comprarlo, cuantos cuesta
  • Salud!

Instead of making 5 requests to translate I could combine them into one request like this:

• Hola como estas ||| Como es tu nombre ||| Me gusta esta coche, y tu? ||| Quiero comprarlo, cuantos cuesta ||| Salud!

Then with the result it should look like this:

• Hello how are you ||| What is your name ||| I like this car, do you? ||| I want to buy it how much does it cost? ||| Bless you

And you can split that on the ||| and have your five results.

It's more complicated than that, especially if you have these 5 texts coming in one at a time, but you could write them to a spreadsheet, and when the spreadsheet gets to 5, combine them etc.

Option 2 Google Translate via spreadsheet

Oh and Duh, there's another option. Google sheets has a translate function in it. You could have a two column spreadsheet where the first column is empty and the second column is this formula: =GOOGLETRANSLATE(A2,"en","es") feel free to adjust as needed. Then you simply update the text in A2, put a delay step in for 1 minute and then get that row, cell B2 (where the formula is) will contain the translation.

I recommend Option #2!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Dokky! I looked into this and the limit is coming from Google Translate (which the Translate by Zapier app uses), rather than the Translate app. That means that the limit is being hit across all Zapier accounts, and not just for yours.

You might be able to work around this using the options that @PaulKortman outlined, but it's not a guarantee as the limit is across all Zapier accounts, not just yours.

We're looking into ways to either increase the limit or find a better way to offer folks a translation option. I've added your email address as another vote for this improvement - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your comments.

I don't know why, but the problem was resolved. There is no error now. If I got the same error in the future, I will try to use Option 2 of PaulKortman.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dokky - It may well be a rolling 24 hour limit which means even waiting 1 hour might free some capacity.