Best answer

counting zaps

• 29 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Let’s say once every day you send 3000 email addresses from zoho creator to linkedin matched audiences, how many zaps would that consume? Is each record (email address) in the database a zap? Or would it only one tasks per day since it is sent as a batch? 

I see the trigger is a new record, and we import the records into creator in a batch (say 3000 per day). 

would the trigger only occur once per day, or would it trigger every new record? in that case it would be much cheaper just to import the spreadsheet into linkedin manually. 

#2, I dont see a “premium app” badge on zoho creator or linkedin audiences. Does this mean these are not premium?

Would this use case be something that is workable under the free plan, or are we talking $499 per month since there are 100,000 or so email records to move every month? Big enough difference to make me wonder what we should do. 

Comments?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 October 2020, 23:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Article: https://zapier.com/help/manage/tasks/learn-about-tasks-in-zapier#step-1

How tasks are counted

The following count as tasks when your Zap runs:

The following do not count as tasks:

• Trigger steps.
  • Filter steps that do not pass.
  • Any step that errors.
  • Any path group that did not run because the path's rules were not met.
  • Any step that does not run, either because a previous filter didn't pass or because the Zap errored.
Example

You have a Zap set up to trigger whenever you receive a new email with an attachment from Gmail, which then uploads the attachment to Dropbox, then sends you a direct message in Slack with a link to the new Dropbox file.

Each time you receive a new email with an attachment and your Zap uploads the attachment and sends you a direct message, it automates 2 tasks. If your Zap runs 10 times for 10 emails you receive, it automates 20 tasks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zapier Premium Apps: https://zapier.com/apps?filter=premium

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zaps generally trigger PER record.

cool, now i see the premium logo on the page you linked to. 

could i modify the trigger so it triggers daily, rather than per new record? 

then would 3000 records go under one trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Zap actions for LinkedIn Matched Audiences are PER email address.