Best answer

Copy & Paste For Path Steps

• 20 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there any way to copy and paste path steps? I am wanting to having 3 pretty complex, multi-step paths that are all the same except for one small change on each. Is there any way to just copy and paste/duplicate each path and then go in and edit the small thing?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 29 September 2022, 20:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is there any way to copy and paste path steps? I am wanting to having 3 pretty complex, multi-step paths that are all the same except for one small change on each. Is there any way to just copy and paste/duplicate each path and then go in and edit the small thing?

That would be very useful 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ecovillage.org Copying/pasting/moving Zap Steps is not currently available functionality in the Zap editor.

Userlevel 2

Thankyou @Troy Tessalone for clarifying. That is unfortunate.

Does anyone know if there is some way that I can submit this as a feature request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ecovillage.org 

You can submit a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Really wish this was possible… it would have saved me 2+ hours of re-entry for each path I’m making, which is identical aside from 1 small step… brutal… I know you likely feel my pain on this

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DaveZ 

An alternative to Paths is to split paths into separate Zaps triggered by Webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

This is a bit more technical of an approach to configuring Zaps but lends itself to more flexibility in connecting Zaps in a daisy chain fashion.

A plus would be that you can easily copy and edit a Zap as I think you’re trying to do in your described use case.

@Troy Tessalone  Thanks for that suggestion.  I painfully recreated a path the other night having these same thoughts.  Will definitely check out the Webhooks.  Seems like a lot more flexibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great news @kcamarda (and everyone)!

You can now duplicate and re-order paths AND non-path steps.

More info: