Question

Connecting Zoom with meetup

• 15 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a Zap that when I create a Zoom meeting, that a Meetup Event is created. The fields for date and time are wreaking havoc on my zap as they are not the same format so I keep getting an error message that the start time is wrong. I’ve tried multiple iterations of the format but I think it’s because the fields are not the same.  And if I manually type a start time, that will default into the Meetup which would be wrong.

I am not finding any help in any of the university courses, and find it annoying that I cannot get live help!  Anyone created a zap like this or is this not the right tool for this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Pam D 

In theory, this should be fixable with the Formatter step - but I agree it can get fiddly!

Does it tell you what format Meetup needs? Some screenshots of any errors you’ve got would also be useful.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  - the layout of the Zoom Meeting looks like this.

With the date and time fields named start_time - but includes the date and time in the same field.

The Meetup Event is looking for date and time to look like this. The only required fields are showing here. The only field I have to choose from on the Zoom layout is as shown (which as noted has both date and time).

And here is the error I get when I test the Zap.

and this is what the date/time fields look like in Meetup.

Thoughts?  I’m not familiar with the formatter… maybe I need to review that part of the training?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Pam D, @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu’s answer is spot-on. Here’s a link for more info on the formatter https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-formats-in-zaps. You don’t need to change the time zone (unless it’s showing incorrectly) but changing the format of the output should help.

Then, instead of mapping the event time to the start time from Zoom, you’ll map it to the output from the new formatter step. Just be aware you will need to be on a paid plan to have a Zap with > 2 steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Pam D 

Yep, as @sphynxautomation says you’ll need to take that ‘Start Time’ field from Zoom and run it through a “Formatter->Date Time->Format” step to change it to a format that doesn’t include the date.

For that, set it to ‘Customer’ and hand type this:

If you need help with this - feel free to contact me.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both!  I think this above my technical skills. I’ll have to see if we have someone else on my team (we’re a non-profit so small for sure) can understand this.  I want to be sure this is going to work for us before we Pay for it.  I’m surprised that Zapier does not have a sales team or demo team to allow prospective customers to ask questions before purchasing.  Odd business model for sure!

I may be back in touch!  Again thanks for the responses and Happy Holidays!

Pam

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Pam D 

No problems - if you need help building this, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andrew - as noted as a newly forming Non-profit we need to watch budget closely but should we decide to move forward and need assistance I’ll definitely get in touch!  

Pam