Best answer

Connecting Google Sheets to Surefire CRM New Contact Issue

• 21 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

Basically my issue is really simple. Looking for creative work arounds?

I am wanting to create a Zap that pulls information from Google Sheets and have it map to our CRM (Surefire CRM). The issue is that Zapier does not pull column names from GS, only row information.

Only way I see around this is transposing my data to rows, instead of columns. The issue is the data I am mapping has 30+ fields. This document will get out of control and fast as I add more data(in this case they’re leads. Name, first name, email, and so on).

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 June 2020, 14:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@ccasady can you post a screen shot of how your information is formatted in Google Sheets and what your “Lookup Row” step looks like in Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Sure thing, please see below screenshots @BowTieBots 

Raw data imported / dropped into Google Sheets

Row data pulled from sheets to Zapier 

Mapping the data to SureFire CRM

I also noticed that my formulas are being ignored. I have one in place that seperates first and last name into their own columns, which is required as I can not simple map full name

Thanks for taking a look!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ccasady could I ask a couple of questions to see if we can find a workaround here?

How are you adding data to the sheet? Are you adding it line by line or importing a number of items at once? What trigger are you using for the Zap?

Secondly, what formula are you using to split the names currently? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Danvers, please see below

I am adding data to the sheet manually from an exported list. 

The zap is triggered when a row is added or updated

I am using =SPLIT(C2," ") to split the name into two columns

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 1

Not sure on the rules.

Is a bump of this post allowed?

Thanks,

Caleb

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ccasady we don’t technically have any rules against bumping right now, though generally bumping a post will put it to the back of the queue as we take a look at new replies from old to new based on the last activity!

I realised that I didn’t address one of your questions in my last response. When you look at the data in the sample it will show the columns as Col$A, Col$B, etc - but as you can from your Zap, when you map the information from the row into your Zap, it will show the header names. 

For the first name/last name columns not appearing, I tested this in a couple of different ways and it seemed to work for me. Is the formula already in the sheet when you export the other information, or do you add it afterwards? If it’s afterwards, they you might want to set a trigger column for the Zap, so that it’s only triggered when the last name column is changed (in this case when something is added to it because of the formula. Could you give that a try and see if it works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ccasady!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our team had sent you. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)