Best answer

CapsuleCRM - find contact and update

• 30 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Having trouble getting my head around updateing a contact in capsule.

I can see there is the option to Find contact and optionally create one but I can’t seem to figure out how to update the contact if it finds one?

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 31 July 2020, 15:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You’ll want to use an Action after your Search step.

1. Trigger - IF this …
  2. Search - Find or Update Contact
  3. Action - DO this to the contact I just found or created
Userlevel 1

I understand the process.

But the action portion of the flow has no clear options to update a contact, only create new ones.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Yep, that happens sometimes! Looks like your “update” options are to create a note or a tag on what you found. If the Action isn’t there, unfortunately, it isn’t there. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@krisspz - The official CapsuleCRM integration doesn’t provide that functionality. However, we have built a custom version of it that provides that. More details here: https://www.luhhu.com/blog/capsule-zapier-integration-custom

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan This is amazing!

Exactly what I was looking for. Wish I hadn't been so hasty to select the answer before.

It even searches more than 50 tags which was my other issue.

Am I right in thinking that the official integration and the custom one don't play well together?

I tested it on the end of the current search task I had and it didn't work until I changed the search task over to the custom integration.

thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@krisspz - You’re welcome :)

I’m not sure why they didn’t play well together, can you elaborate? Did you get any errors?