Best answer

authentication failed: The WooCommerce Zapier plugin is missing or WordPress pretty permalinks may not be configured correctly. 404 File Not Found.

• 4 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

HI there

I am totally stumped. I keep getting this error. I am trying to connect Zapier to Woocommerce on my wordpress site.

“authentication failed: The WooCommerce Zapier plugin is missing or WordPress pretty permalinks may not be configured correctly. 404 File Not Found.”

I have checked my permalinks. I have triple checked my username, password. I have updated to the latest of everything. Can anyone advise please?

Thanks so much

Margot

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 4 October 2020, 19:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Have you checked that the version of your plug-in is up-to-date?

Userlevel 1

Yes thanks so much Andy. Have done that but still not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @McMasterful 

Some more troubleshooting steps below - Can you try these, and get back to us?

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much Andy, I’ve done all that too.

I’ve just tried - literally for one final time and it is working!

I didn’t change anything.

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

Hello, i’ve the same problem in both of my website. Cannot figure out what’s the problem, could someone help me? Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hello I have the same problem how I resolve?

I got the same problem...

Userlevel 1

Hi! Same problem here.. Is there any news about it?

Edit:

I just saw my Zapier WP plugin has the latest version, but that version is 1.02. Maybe that is the problem. I’m now going to create a Woocommerce.com, connect that with my store and then I can probably update the Zapier plugin to version 2.x.

Edit:

It works! The problem was that I installed Zapier for Wordpress and not for Zapier for WooCommerce. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AlessandroTondi, @Anthony B. and @himattt! Have you tried the steps that @andywingrave outlined in his reply above:

If that doesn’t work then the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Zapier support team as they will be able to take a closer look at this with you. You can contact them using the Get help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

High five, @Naela! Great work getting to the bottom of that and thanks for letting us know how you did it 🙂