Any Apify / Parsehub / Import.io experts here?

• 18 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi everyone,

I've got a client wants to scrape some data and put it into Salesforce.

I’ve got very little experience with scrapers. Anyone have a preferred app for this and any good howto guides?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5

I've used import.io in the past, and used it to grab quite a bit of data. It wasn't perfect, but after a few rounds of tinkering with the settings, I got something satisfactory enough that the data cleanup process wasn't too painful.

I can't recall which others I tried before getting import.io to work, but I don't believe it was Parsehub. I really like Apify's "turn anything into an API" approach, but I've not tested it.

Out of curiosity, what sort of data is it you need to scrape? That might make a big difference in which app to go with. (Also: I'm guessing you've probably moved forward by now, so any update on which you chose and why would be interesting if you're game to share!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @TheDavidJohnson

In this case the client wanted to scrape LinkedIn profiles, although we found them another solution using this tool:

Dux-Soup Previously I had a prospect that wanted to try developing a service where he'd help businesses appeal to have unfairly negative reviews removed from their Yelp listings. He wanted to dump a load of URLs of business profiles into a Google Sheet have Zapier trigger something to parse the reviews and then push them through a sentiment analysing app to look for keywords and pickout negative ones. I played around with Apify a bit in anticipation of that project but the client ended up dropping it before any real work started.

Would have been a fun one though.

Userlevel 5

Interesting! That would have been a fun one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Folks, just to let you know - I split @davidweiss's question: Does anyone know of any other smart ways to scrape data from websites into a new discussion - if you have any thoughts please go check it out: https://community.zapier.com/discussion/152/does-anyone-know-of-any-other-smart-ways-to-scrape-data-from-websites#latest