Best answer

All of a sudden super slow automation between Google Forms + Asana?

• 26 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I created an awesome zap linking my Google Forms responses to Asana, creating an Asana task, and it was working flawlessly, and now all of a sudden, within the past week or two, the automation has gone from firing off in 1 min to taking 45min-1hr+.  ???? baffled.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 9 June 2020, 00:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Crackentee 

That doesn’t sound right! 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Crackentee I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with the timing of your Zap.  I think that we’ll need to take a closer look to understand what’s happening here, I've escalated this to the Support team so that they can take a look for you. I just sent you an email asking for a few more details and when you respond, the Support Team will pick that up with you via email. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Crackentee - Thanks for your patience. It looks like our Support team got back to you and resolved your reported issue. Yay! We’re sharing it here for the rest of the community find:

My understanding is that you're seeing a delay between when the responses are added and when the Zap triggers. Is that correct?

If so, there's a common workaround that we could try. It's pretty simple, in that you just need to switch from a "New Response in Spreadsheet in Google Forms" trigger to a "New Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets" trigger. We've seen that resolve a lot of issues with Google Forms and I'd be curious to see if it works, here.

Please let me know if that works out and/or if you run into issues. I want to make sure we’re getting you to where you need to go.

Userlevel 2

Yes, great solution, thank you!